Monday, October 4, 2010

Orks & Otts: Working with OttLites

Most days, I work with a computer screen all day for my job.  If I get to do any painting, it's at the end of the day when my eyes are already tired...and my eyes aren't great to begin with.  I recently purchased some lamps made by OttLite since I'd heard good things and they were running a buy-one-get-one deal.  


They've helped with painting, and I think they also keep colors more true to life when taking pictures.  Below are some  comparison pics of the same model.  Granted, the model received a little work between photo sessions, but the work was minimal:  rust, patina, lips, and matte varnish.  In most areas of the model, however, the only difference is the matte and the lighting.  I thought the difference was interesting.

OttLite on the left.

OttLite on top.


I'm happy with the little lamps I have, so much that I might shell out for one of the larger floor lamps in the future.  If I ever get around to making a light box, I think these lamps would help there too.

No comments: